THOMAS CUP & UBER CUP 2012
The Thomas Cup or Men’s World Team Championships was first staged in 1948-49, and the Uber Cup or Women’s World Team Championships was added for the first time in 1956-7. The Thomas Cup, taking place every three years, was the BWF’s first major international tournament. The idea for the competition and the donation of the trophy was by the first President of the World body, Sir George Thomas, legendary player (21 All England titles) and administrator of the Sport.
The Uber Cup Finals have been held alongside the Men’s competition since 1984, with both then taking place bi-annually. The Uber Cup had previously taken place at three yearly intervals separately to the Men’s competition but always with a similar format. The trophy was presented by another famous player and the person whose original idea it was to start a team Championships for Women, the eponymous Betty Uber.Betty Uber also made the draw for the 1956-7 inaugural tournament which took place at Lytham St Annes in Lancashire, England.
Continental Qualifications :
The 2012 edition, the prestigious biennial team championships Thomas Cup and Uber Cup Finals will be hosted in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in the People’s Republic of China from 20-27 May 2012.
The Thomas & Uber Cup finals draw ceremony will be held in Wuhan, Hubei province, China on 15 April at 9.30am at Swimming Hall, Wuhan sports center
- Schedule confirmed by referee dated 24 April 2012
- Ticket prizes and the zones (The details of Online booking and Local ticketing Box will be publish in due course)
- Plese return the form HE Wenlu at email: email@example.com or Fax to : +86 027 688 40521 not later than 10 May 2012
- Complete the form clearly in BLOCK CAPITALS together with a scanned passport copy of the applicant.
- Visa Form
- Form - Last date before 20 April 2012
All forms are to be returned to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 April, 2012.
- Referee - Juniarto Suhandinata(INA)
- Deputies - Isabelle Jobard (FRA) , Rony De Vos (BEL)
- Other TO's